It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:10 am 

Hello
Back in the very Early 1990's I was in a gun shop and Noticed a new little pistol that the shop owner was just Placing out for sale. It was a Blued Version model 2214. They had just hit the market and S&W was making them in their New Then, Houlton, Maine Plant. I fondled it a bit and decided to take it home. It had a Three dot sight system that looked real user friendly. When I took it to the range I Was really surprised at just how accurate this fixed sighted pistol really was with it's 3" Barrel. I Liked it so much I carried it daily as my personal Carry Piece. Later I discovered they came out with a stainless version called the 2213. I in the man time Like a Fool swapped off my well worn 2214 and wanted to replace it with the stainless 2213 in stainless but could never get hold of one. Fast forward now to last weekend. I was at a gun show and came across a really nice 2213 in it's original box Unfired with all it's paperwork, warranty card, and mass compliant documents. The seller of it was stuck at $375.00 and the first day of the show I Haggled him down to $300.00 but he would Not Budge a bit lower. The following day was Easter Sunday. The show was very, Very slow that day due to the Holiday so I patiently waited until the end and when the seller was packing up his guns I Offered him $275.00 for the 2213. He said he had paid $290.00 for it and Needed that just to get out of it, so rather than pass and Perhaps not see another one for maybe 20 years I paid his price and Brought it home. I am Frustrated at Why S&W ever quit making this neat Little Pistol. Shortly after ceasing production of this they started making their 22-A Pistol in the same Houlton, Maine Plant. I have had a couple of 22-A's over the years and they do not hold a candle to the quality or durability of these 2213's. The short time I had Both 22-A's I had to replace the cheesy Plastic recoil buffer piece Four times between Two pistols with low round count's and this 2213 does not have any durability issues so I have always wondered just Why S&W quit making them ? Does anyone else have one of these Neat Little Pistols ? if you do, let's Hear about yours. Regards, Hammerdown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:32 am 
Principal Member
Principal Member

Used to carry one of those in my pocket. Fast shooting little booger. I tried to knock a squirrel out of a tree with it at 15 yards, and couldn't hit it. My daughter handed me her 3" Taurus 22 revolver, and it capped it first try. The Smith went away, replaced by a stainless version of my daughter's revolver. It's trigger sucked. Just an example of one of the many terrible trades I've done in my so-called career.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:49 am 

Parson Colt wrote:
Used to carry one of those in my pocket. Fast shooting little booger. I tried to knock a squirrel out of a tree with it at 15 yards, and couldn't hit it. My daughter handed me her 3" Taurus 22 revolver, and it capped it first try. The Smith went away, replaced by a stainless version of my daughter's revolver. It's trigger sucked. Just an example of one of the many terrible trades I've done in my so-called career.

Hello Parson Colt
It really surprises me that yours was not a Natural tack driver, and that you Missed a Squirrel at that range. The Two 2214's that are the blued version I owned were super accurate right out of the box. This stainless version was a Tad bit off on Windage but a little Tap of the rear sight blade corrected that and it lays them right in there now. I tried about Four different brands of ammo the day I was shooting this at the 20 Yard Line distance, and all fired fine being accurate and they all extracted fine even the CCI Stingers which are know to give Semi-Auto pistols fit's on extraction as they Tend to be a Tab bit longer on their Cases.. Hammerdown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:11 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I have one of 422 models, which is of a similar design.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 am 
Principal Member
Principal Member

I guess I had the innaccurate one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm 

I have had the 2214 below for 18 years. It is my fishing vest gun (I have a TN HCP) and my constant companion on canoe trips.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 pm 
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hello, wjh2657, and welcome.

Introduce yourself and your interests so we can get to know you a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:19 pm 

The Caddo Kid wrote:
Hello, wjh2657, and welcome.

Introduce yourself and your interests so we can get to know you a bit.

I am a Retired Marine (1988), 30 years active duty. Retired as a Master Gunnery Sergeant. I then went into teaching with a Master's Degree in Special Ed. I retired from that in 2008.

I hunt (turkey and deer), fish and play with the Grandkids! I also like to cook, mostly Southern Italian and Sicilian (although I am of German descent myself) and grow my own vegetables and herbs on my 2 acres here on the ridge of Tennessee.

I own several shotguns (Mossbergs , .410 bore to 12 gauge) and pistols, (mostly S&W .38 Spcls and a lone Glock), a bunch of rimfire pistols and rifles and one 30-06 deer rifle. I shoot .22 daily in a Garage Range (bullet trap.) and weekly at an indoor range with my EDCs. I carry daily with a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit (HCP),

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm 
Charter Member
Charter Member

Nice to have you with us. Hope you like it here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 am 
Moserator
Moserator

Hey Master Guns; from an old 60s Jarhead!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
"Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:36 am 

bunzo351 wrote:
Hey Master Guns; from an old 60s Jarhead!

Semper Fi Devil Dog!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:33 pm 
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yep, mine is the TGT - version of the same thing .

No complaints , just keep it (relatively ) clean . I bought it back from a friend last summer .